“And they were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was
walking ahead of them. And they were amazed, and those who
followed were afraid. And taking the twelve again,
he began to tell them what was to happen to him” Mark 10:32
April 24, 2011 – Week 3
Reference scripture: John 20: 18-29
- The resurrection reminds me there is hope when hope seems lost. Look at Mary Magdalene;
– First one to the empty tomb
– She’s seeking and clinging to Jesus
– God chooses to use a shady woman to do His will
– She is completely forgiven of the past “God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,“ Colossians 2:13
- The resurrection reminds me that Jesus is with me.
– First day of the week (He’s there in the first day)
– His presence comes to calm our fears (to bring peace) “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” Isaiah 26: 3– His presence comes to bring us direction
– His presence comes to bring us power
– Ultimately His presence comes so that we are not around “No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you. Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you will also live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” John 14: 18-20
- The resurrection reminds me when my confidence is shaken, Jesus looks for me.
– The patience of Jesus
– Calls us by name
- The resurrection reminds me that those who believe are blessed.
– Our faith brings blessing (happiness)
– We will live forever